Eruption 8 | "Please Take a Step Back" Final Collaboration Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE ERUPTION 8 | "PLEASE TAKE A STEP BACK" FINAL COLLABORATION COMPETITION BEGINS AT 12:00 PM ET ON 6/30/23 AND ENDS AT 12:00 PM ET ON 7/7/23. OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AND CURRENT VEEFRIENDS MEMBERS WITH A DIGITAL WALLET AND HAVE AT LEAST ONE (1) "PLEASE TAKE A STEP BACK" NFT AS OF 11:59 AM ET ON 6/30/23. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. FOR COMPLETE DETAILS, SEE OFFICIAL RULES.
SPONSOR: VEE FRIENDS, LLC.
- HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the Eruption 8 - "Please Take a Step Back" Final Collaboration Competition ("Contest"), upload the best maximum :60 video that you've taken/made in which incorporates the "Please Take a Step Back" song by Snoop Dogg featuring GaryVee which unique and authentic to yourself that showcases your personal creativity, while also creating something that highlights and utilizes the to the Please Take a Step Back song itself, beginning 12:00 p.m. United States Eastern Time ("ET") on June 30, 2023 through 12:00 p.m. ET on July 7, 2023 (the "video") via one of the following methods and include the respective URL upon submission via the VeeFriends website, located at VeeFriends.com/burn-island (the "Site"):
- (ii) Via Instagram: Access the Instagram application on your mobile device and post the video with the required information ("Instagram Entry"). You must make sure the "Photos Are Private" option in the account settings on your Instagram account are set to "OFF". You must use the official sound provided by platforms and create a public post. You must have an Instagram app and account to enter via this method. If you do not have the Instagram app, you may download it through the application store on your device. The Instagram app is free. Please enter the URL from your Instagram Entry into the form field on the Site. Limit 1 Instagram Entry per Submission.
- (vii) Via TikTok: Access the TikTok application on your mobile device, and follow the links and instructions. Post the video with the required information ("TikTok Entry). You must make sure the "Photos Are Private" option in the account settings on your TikTok account are set to "OFF". You must use the official sound provided by platforms and create a public post. You must have a TikTok app and account to enter via this method. If you do not have the TikTok app, you may download it through the application store on your device. The TikTok app is free. Please enter the URL from your TikTok Entry into the form field on the Site. Limit 1 TikTok Entry per Submission Token.
All Instagram Entries and TikTok Entries, their entry information and videos submitted shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each, as a "Submission." Submissions must comply with the Content Restrictions defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of Submissions are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights (including, without limitation any intellectual property rights) of any third parties; (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein; and (d) all information the entrant provided herein is true and accurate. Sponsor reserves the right to request third party releases / authorizations from any third party included in any Submission at any time, without any payment or consideration to be paid by Sponsor. Failure to produce fully executed third party releases / authorizations (if applicable) may result in disqualification of the Submission and from the Contest, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for one year for purposes of implementing the Contest. For any winner, providing a Submission constitutes the winner's consent to give Sponsor an, irrevocable, exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the legal term of protection of copyright including future legal extensions thereof, including but not limited to on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor's web sites and properties and on social networking sites), on billboards, internal exhibitions, in digital advertising and any exhibitions. By entering, each entrant consents to the Sponsor dealing with their Submission in any way that may otherwise infringe the entrants moral rights, and agrees not to assert their moral rights (wherever such rights are recognized) in respect of their entry against the Sponsor or its assigns, licensees or successors.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Receipt of Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Submissions, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor
- START/END DATES:
Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2023 and ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on July 7, 2023 ("Contest Period").
Participation is open only to those who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in such country of entrant's residence as of date of Submission and have burned a "Please Take a Step Back" NFT ("Submission Token") for their Submission. Void in Vermont, Maryland, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, and North Dakota, USA; Brazil; Greece; India; Hong Kong; Italy; Malaysia; Russia; Switzerland; and Quebec, Canada and where otherwise prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All entrants must submit/burn at least one (1) eligible Submission Token via the VeeFriends website, located at VeeFriends.com/burn-island and have the opportunity to submit one Submission within the Contest Period via the same. You must burn a separate Submission Token for each Submission.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the content restrictions set forth below (the
Content Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant's Submission fails to conform to the Content Restrictions.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights or civil rights;
- The Submission must not in any way disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws, regulations or, if applicable, socialist morals of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; and
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
- Entrants must comply with all applicable laws while photographing images for submission.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant's Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsors decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- WINNER DETERMINATION:
After the close of the Contest Period and until about July 12, 2023, all eligible Submissions will be judged by an independent panel of judges from Death Row Records LLC, at their office in California, USA. All Submissions will be judged based on the following judging criteria ("Judging Criteria") and the ten (10) Submissions with the highest number of points will be "winning" Submissions:
Message and Impact (40 points):
- Relevance: How effectively does the video convey the message of "Please Take a Step Back" of being a manifesto for practitioners' shared passion for entrepreneurship and positive mindsets?
- Social Awareness: Does the video promote understanding, empathy, action, and inspire positive change?
- Impactful Storytelling: Does the video effectively communicate its message through a compelling narrative or visual storytelling? Does it leave a lasting impact on the viewer in an authentic and native way on the social platform that it is what published on?
- Emotional Connection: Does the video evoke emotions in the viewer? Does it effectively engage the audience's empathy, curiosity, or sense of urgency?
Sound Design and Music Integration (30 points):
- How well is the audio utilized? Are the sound effects, voiceovers, or music integrated seamlessly into the video? Do they enhance the overall impact of the message?
Creativity and Originality (15 points):
- Unique Approach: How creatively does the video present its message?
- Innovative Content: Does the video utilize unique and original creative elements to captivate the viewer's attention and make it memorable?
- Artistic Expression: How well does the video showcase the participants' creative self-expression while maintaining a focus on the message?
Execution and Presentation (15 points):
- Clarity and Coherence: Is the video's message clear and easily understood? Does it present a cohesive narrative or sequence of ideas?
- Visual Impact: How visually compelling is the video? Are the visuals well-chosen and visually stimulating, supporting the intended message?
- Length and Pace: Does the video effectively capture and maintain the viewer's attention within the maximum 60-second duration? Is the pacing appropriate for the content being delivered?
The winners will receive free VIP tickets to join GaryVee at Snoop Dogg & Whiz Khalifa's High School Reunion Concert (Approximate Retail Value: USD$600). The ARV of the prize is subject to price fluctuations based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded. If the actual price of the prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. Any and all applicable travel/lodging costs/fees and taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
On or about July 12, 2023, the winners will be notified by direct message (or other appropriate method given the method of entry) and undertake, if required, to sign and return, where legal, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or license agreement within five (5) business days of prize notification. Additionally, the winners may be required to submit releases / authorizations from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If a winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of first notification attempt (or such longer period or number of attempts as may be required by applicable law), if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes the winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city/province and state and country), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants waive all and agree not to assert any moral or similar or equivalent rights in relation to their Submission, throughout the world. Wherever enforceable: by participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively,"Released Entities"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS:
Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will determine the winner based on the Judging Criteria from all eligible Submissions received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the applicable social media account or the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
WHEREVER ENFORCEABLE, THIS CONTEST IS NOT SUBJECT TO LEGAL RECOURSE.
WHEREVER ENFORCEABLE, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW:
Wherever enforceable, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest.
Wherever enforceable, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York in the U.S.
WHEREVER ENFORCEABLE, THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK IN THE U.S. WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York in the U.S. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- USE OF DATA:
To obtain the name of the winner, visit http://www.veefriends.com/burn-island.